Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Anyone else think expensive salon hair products aren't as good as the hairdresser says they are?

So i get my hair cut, and my hairdresser spins me some story about how wonderful their shampoos and conditioners are, so, being a sucker for beauty products, i buy them and some ';ends repair';.





After the first use, my hair feels dry, is frizzy as hell and the roots are all greasy. I keep using it, but my hair just stays frizzy and dry.





So two weeks later i just thought ';screw this'; and i went and bought some Pantene shampoo and conditioner, and after one use, my hair felt SO silky smooth and shiny.





I know, its because they ';coat your hair in wax';, or they have all these evil chemicals in them. But to be honest, i couldnt care less, they are cheaper and make my hair look and feel tons nicer!





Anyone else feel the same?Anyone else think expensive salon hair products aren't as good as the hairdresser says they are?
lmao I totally agree with you. Everytime I get my hair done my hairdresser brings out products that are gonna do miracles for my hair. I..like yourself, is a sucker for good marketing and beauty products. I'm always like...';OMG I WANT THAT!'; because it looks like my hair could be all like that.





Anyways I agree. You can find the best shampoos without spending the 30 bucks a bottle for a set. I love pantene pro V. And my hair was damaged from hilites and bleach because I went blonde..and I bought some damage repair thing from Pantene Pro V and my hair has never felt so smooth! the first time I used it I already felt the difference. My dead hair ends are like..gone! My hair feels much silkier and smoother when I'm using that over the hair salon brands they sucker us into buying.Anyone else think expensive salon hair products aren't as good as the hairdresser says they are?
I use Redken and TIGI salon products, and I love them.


But I also use a Marrakesh Oil from Earthly Body, and that adds a lot of moisture and silkiness to my hair. The Redken products (Shampoo, conditioners) add the body to my hair, TIGI products after washing de-frizz it and define my curls, then I use the Marrakesh.





I hate drugstore hair products by now...they just really don't work for my hair.
Eh...I like one of the products my stylist suggested, and another one was from a beauty store...maybe your stylist is just lying and mine is more helpful and actually wants to find something good for me? Idk D;

No comments:

Post a Comment